Cleaning & Care
Kitchen Design Tips
About Island Granite
Request A Quote
Cleaning and Maintaining a Laminate Floor
Because laminate floors are so dense, they
are easy to keep clean. Most, if not all, polishes will not
stick to their surface area. All that is really required is
vacuuming, dust mopping, and maybe a damp towel at times.
Our Laminate flooring carries a 25 year residential warranty
against staining, wearing, and fading with normal use. They
are designed to look good for many years with a minimum of
While laminates are meant to stand up to wear, they keep
a new look if you follow these simple tricks:
- Vacuum or dust mop to remove loose dirt or grit.
- Damp mop using warn water; do not saturate floor.
- Change water as necessary to keep clean.
- Do not use polishes or waxes
- Never clean with abrasives, scouring powder or steel wool.
- Wipe up spills immediately.
- Avoid allowing any liquids to stand on your floor - including
your pets water bowl
Recommendations for laminate flooring:
- Glides or cushion bottom protectors under chairs and table
legs to prevent possible scratching
- Floor mats and foot brushes to pick up dirt at all outside
- Regular vacuuming and dust mopping to keep grit off the
- If your laminate scratches, you may be able to buy a touch
up stick from the manufacturer. The repaired area is often
invisible plus it will hold up to traffic and wear just
like the rest of your floor.
- In the event damage is more severe (which is unlikely
to happen in most homes) it is possible for a trained professional
to replace a plank. Done properly, the new plank should
be almost indistinguishable from the rest.
Spot Cleaning on Laminate Floors
- Oil, paint, permanent marker, tar, rubber heel marks
use a neutral cleaner on a clean light colored cloth or
nail polish remover if needed
- Blood, fruit juice, wine, beer, soda pop, pasta sauce
- Warm water and/or a neutral cleaner on a clean light colored
- Candle wax, chewing gum
- First harden with ice, then very gently scrape. Wipe with
warm water on a clean light colored cloth.